"A person that never made a mistake, never tried

anything new.
"



Monday, March 14, 2011

Changing the Clocks

This morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing in my ear. RING! Trudging out of bed I inhaled my breakfast, brushed my teeth, and slapped on some clothes. What time is it? 7 am? Can't be, it feels way earlier. Time change. Ugggg, it feels like 6 am! WHY! Last night the clocks were set forward an hour. Meaning students like myself have to wake up earlier for school and start school earlier. The adjustment is hard even though it's only an hour. Highs school students feel the change because we need every hour of sleep we can get! The only positive thing about this time change so far, is that at 7 o'clock at night it is bright. Summer time is approaching!

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree, the day the clocks were set forward an hour I had to wake up pretty early, and it was not great. But I have to say the fact that the days are now seeming longer, and warmer I constantly catch myself thinking about summer. The warm summer nights when its light out until eight thirty pm is probably my favorite thing about summer because you don’t want to sleep, you just want to stay outside as long as possible. However, the best part of it all is that school is the least of our worries and we can just enjoy the days without the worries of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dasha, I completely agree with the adjustment of time being hard and how high school students can't afford to lose any time with their sleep. But for me, I don't really have trouble with the time change because I don't actually realize the difference. Because of the fact that the time change happens during my sleep I don't really feel like anything changed, even with the sun out. Personally, I think the hardest part about Daylight Savings Time is adjusting all the clocks in the house.
    But I completely understand when you say that the time change can, maybe, get you a bit tired. Did you prepare for the time change though? Maybe sleep an hour earlier than normal? Or did you try to come up with some method to help you maintain your "schedule", so to say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have many valid points. I love summers 'schedule'. I never want to sleep! Joon, I usually just set my clocks and stick the tiredness through. Now that you bring it up, adjusting to the change beforehand would be an excellent idea! Never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete